Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Whole Lot Of Nothing

Even if you have nothing to write, write and say so – Cicero


There are a number of things I could be doing right now, but here I sit in front of my computer, wasting time. Not that sitting in front of my computer is always a waste of time, but I feel I should be doing something productive, like working on my next play or doing research for my future Pulitzer Prize winning novel (he he), or even looking for a job. But here I sit, wondering what to do on this gorgeous summer’s day.

I thought about going to the beach – I can’t believe I haven’t been swimming yet this year – and I even tried on my bathing suit. Yikes! Time to buy a new one, those extra pounds I’ve gained over the past year have me nearly spilling out!

The lawn could use a mowing, but you shouldn’t mow in the middle of a hot day…and besides, if I wait long enough, maybe Mark or Stephie will do it. Doubtful.

There’s always laundry, but that’s just it…there’s ALWAYS laundry. One more day won’t make a difference, it will still be waiting.

It’s too hot to bake, so that’s out. But strawberry shortcake sounds really good right now. Maybe a trip to the store to get the ingredients is what I’ll do. But wait, if I’m getting in the car anyway…. Ah, hell, who am I trying to kid? I’ve already got my sunscreen on, the only real question is, which beach?


*I wrote this yesterday, the water was beautiful. Today it was freaking freezing! But, of course, I went in anyway. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the motivation...I finally put up another post. I have been getting very lax with this blogging thing, you are doing quite well at it so keep it up!

    ReplyDelete